• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Link Positions

SketchyXJ

NAXJA Forum User
I have a HpD30 I'm building right now. Is getting 4:88's and the works. I have OTK steering so while I'm doind the gears I figured I would move the trackbar OTA. My question is where should I put the track bar bracket in relationship to the other tabs? I didnt know if I put it to the inside or outside of the pass side UCA mount.
I'm getting all new bracketry on the D30 anyway since I'm making my longarm now too.
Thanks

I have always read and been told that idealy you want the TB as close to in front of the coils as you can get it. I have also been under the impression that longer is better then shorter.

You compare the arc of movement of the track bar to the arc of movement of the drag link and get them as close as possible. This means that ideally they would be the same length and the same angle at ride height, but it's not an ideal world so you get them as close as possible. With that in mind, put the mount where you can make it fit and clear your steering links. Oh, and it would need to be outside of the pass UCA mount.

There are plenty of pics around of the various front end builds to help give you some ideas. If you can't find them, we can post up a few pics for ideas.

You compare the arc of movement of the track bar to the arc of movement of the drag link and get them as close as possible. This means that ideally they would be the same length and the same angle at ride height, but it's not an ideal world so you get them as close as possible. With that in mind, put the mount where you can make it fit and clear your steering links. Oh, and it would need to be outside of the pass UCA mount.

There are plenty of pics around of the various front end builds to help give you some ideas. If you can't find them, we can post up a few pics for ideas.

When does roll axis come into play with the trackbar? Is that something that is worth worry about on XJs?

Speaking of roll axis, what does it even really mean, and how do you figure it out? I know it has to do with the length and mounting of the panhard, but other then that, Im lost. Seems flatter and longer is better?

Back