• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

weird noise after installing 4.5" RC lift

JeepCherokeeGuy99

NAXJA Forum User
seems like its coming from the stock shackles. Every time i hit a dip the rear seems like its making a bottoming out sound. Was i suppose to do something with the stock shackle during the install? the bolt seems to have a lot of extra thread on it too. Thanks

Did you tighten your bolts all the way before ya sat it on the tires? if so loosen them a little and drive around. Mine are doing the same thing but my shackle angle sucks.

everything was tightened with the rear in the air. ya its weird. I'm wondering if its the bushing, the bolt hitting. my shackle angle is completely vertical

everything was tightened with the rear in the air. ya its weird. I'm wondering if its the bushing, the bolt hitting. my shackle angle is completely vertical

bad shackle angle. might want to look into shackle relocation boxes or at the very least, longer shackles.

you tighten/torque shackle bolts with the weight of the vehicle on the ground and dont over torque them, or this will cause the bushings to bind.

is there any shackle relocation boxes that dont add lift?

ya i had a couple buddies of mine jump on the bumper and i noticed its the shackle hitting metal. maybe a little grinding will help???

Back