• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

My Version on Vanagon Love | Mini Love

JohnJohn

Member #42
Two Saturdays ago...I traded in my Cooper S. I frickin :loveu: that car.

I have moved on...

Welcome My New :loveu:

"Astro" 2009 Mini Cooper Clubman S
529429541_zJW4U-M.jpg

- more pictures -

Beauty :)

Christ, here we go again...................:D Jeeps people, JEEPS!!!!!:kissyou:

And all these years, I thought Dodge/Chrysler had it nailed..........

But THAT is the true definition of a Mini-Van.

Whether or not that's a good thing is totally up for debate.......... :D

Sweet car!!! Still not sweet as a roadster
100_1389.jpg

And all these years, I thought Dodge/Chrysler had it nailed..........

But THAT is the true definition of a Mini-Van.

Whether or not that's a good thing is totally up for debate.......... :D

MiniVan? I might have just let it slide if you said "Station Wagon", but MiniVan. Good God Troy, your TrailBlazer is more of a MiniVan than this thing. Heck even my JK or your XJ is more of a MiniVan than this thing.

WTH are you thinking?

172hp Turbo (stock) I'll 205 when I'm done with my mods
Curb Weight of 2,855 lbs

I got a thicker rear sway bar coming 22mm. Full on under hood scooped CAI. I might get new springs for her and drop her and inch.

This thing is scary fast...way faster than my old Cooper S (SuperCharged) I could smoke an A4...easy

Last edited:
Two Saturdays ago...I traded in my Cooper S. I frickin :loveu: that car.

I have moved on...

Welcome My New :loveu:

"Astro" 2009 Mini Cooper Clubman S
529429541_zJW4U-M.jpg

- more pictures -

You should move that thing out of the way so we can get a good look at the REAL vehicle in the the upper left! :D

Cool car I just picked up a 09 Clubman myself. This is one awesome car; I was doing 60 mph thru 20 mph turns with no slid or tire squeal. If I worked at it I bet I could do 80!

MiniVan? I might have just let it slide if you said "Station Wagon", but MiniVan. Good God Troy, your TrailBlazer is more of a MiniVan than this thing. Heck even my JK or your XJ is more of a MiniVan than this thing.

WTH are you thinking?

Swing out side and rear doors = van. :moon:

MINI-Clubman-08s.jpg

573fusd109.jpg

MINI-Clubman-11s.jpg

IMG_0928.jpg

What you have there sir, is a MINI - van. :moon:

Personally, you don't have a hair on yer arse if you don't get that Mini down to the paint shop and get it painted.........

the-a-team-van-5_001.jpg

All the cool mini-kids are doing it.........

a-team-mini-car.jpg

:D

Yella,

^^^^^ Don't try to say you where calling it a MINI(Cooper)VAN. You referenced Chrysler...like the K-Car MiniVan. Your pictures don't show a Chrysler MiniVan, but a full size Chevy or Ford utility van. Show me a MiniVan with passenger side 3rd door, and rear barn doors.

Now...Let's see if if your people hauler is more like a MiniVan :wave1

Chevy Blazer SS vs Chrysler MiniVan

163_0512_05z+2006_Chevrolet_TrailBlazer_SS+Interior_View_Trunk_Space_Seats_Down.jpg

82210752.jpg

163_0512_01l+2006_Chevrolet_TrailBlazer_SS+Front_Passenger_Side_View.jpg

pano_2009_chrysler_town_&_country.jpg

:hasta

Last edited:
"I am doing a 22mm rear bar to help in the curves. I don't have Sport Suspension. You?"

No I did not get the suspension package; I did get the Strut Brace and the drilled and slotted rotors.

I like the Mini Cooper S's but I hate those new Clubman versions. The whole point of the Mini is its tiny, why make it bigger? The new BMW made Mini is already too big, compare it to an original Austin H. made Mini.

Still, glad you like your new car JohnJohn. Thats whats really important, that you like it. Who cares about the opinions of old, crippled donut eaters anyways. :D

I like the Mini Cooper S's but I hate those new Clubman versions. The whole point of the Mini is its tiny, why make it bigger? The new BMW made Mini is already too big, compare it to an original Austin H. made Mini.

Still, glad you like your new car JohnJohn. Thats whats really important, that you like it. Who cares about the opinions of old, crippled donut eaters anyways. :D

The current Cooper is about as small as they can make it with World safety guidelines. BMW has to make sure it's able for sale in any country. BMW also wanted to keep the tradition that Minis have four seats. BWM is so committed to the tradtion of the orginal they even build them in Oxford England...just down the road from where they made the orginals.

The current version is only about 9" longer than the Standard Cooper. Makes kids still in booster seats much more comfortable. It drives almost the same as a Standard Cooper. Hence the sway bar talk... :)

The Clubman was actually a model of the old 70's Minis. Chics in Hot Pants love them BTW...see below

533-Mini-Clubman-Estate.jpg

Back