• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

over head lights, and parking lights wont turn off...wtf?

wishihad1

NAXJA Forum User
hey everybody

well im at school, so im not 100% on the details. but my brother called me today because he was trying to move my jeep into the garage to wash it for me. nice heh?. but it had a dead battery when he went to start it. well he charged the battery, put it back in, and when he did the parking lights came on, and the over head lights.
now were all guilty of doing this from time to time, so i just told him to go out, and turn the switch, and push the button in 1 click. its a 95, so both the over heads, and headlights, and parking lights are all on 1 knob. well he said he tried that and still nothing would shut off

im hoping my brother is just doing something wrong (pretty simple to figure out though).

but im going home tomarrow, and im hoping ill just be able to turn them off. if in fact he is right, where should i start. any relays i should look at. i know that switch can go bad, as weve replaced it in my friends cherokee before when his headlights wouldn't turn off

hopefully he didnt reverse the cables when he charged it.

hopefully a bad switch, the lights are ground switched and if he hooked positive to ground he might have shorted the switch out.

Back