• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Small tube/ metal question around San Diego

codyyy

NAXJA Forum User
I'm looking for some 1/2" inside diameter tubing, maybe like a foot of it at most. I'm making disconnects out of my RE swaybar links that came with the lift system. Reason why is because I threw a 1" coil spacer in the front and now the swaybar isn't on there properly, it is limiting the coils.
I tried Industrial Metal Supply but they want to charge a bunch of money because it would need to be cut and they told me I should just buy 10 feet, which I obviously don't need.

california metals is pretty cheap. Located in elcajon

From PB, Industrial Metal Supply is close, but pricey. If they have it on the reminents pile, you can get a good price, otherwise, their prices seem high to me.

Yeah that's who I keep trying. I've only bought a couple pieces from them. I'm trying to find some better places to get steel from, especially in smaller quantities.
I went in there and asked how much 2" x .120 wall DOM would be, 12 feet, it's almost 100 bucks.
I also had planned to make a simple off road bumper, I think they actually quoted me about almost the same price for materials as it cost to buy a bumper already built.

I also had planned to make a simple off road bumper, I think they actually quoted me about almost the same price for materials as it cost to buy a bumper already built.

Yep... I had a similar experience. Like $150 for a 6' 2x4 tube.

But, I have bought stuff off their reminents pile and it was not too pricey.

I plan on hitting California Metals next week sometime to get a price on new tie rod pieces.

You guys need to find the REM pile... We always get metal from IMS and its not that bad of price.

I just got a 10' stick of 1.25" x .155 wall 4130 for less then $80. Pretty decent price considering its chromoly...

Id say go back to IMS and ask where the REM pile is, and search for a piece that will fit (normally they have a short piece and a long piece pile)

HTH

You guys need to find the REM pile... We always get metal from IMS and its not that bad of price.

I just got a 10' stick of 1.25" x .155 wall 4130 for less then $80. Pretty decent price considering its chromoly...

Id say go back to IMS and ask where the REM pile is, and search for a piece that will fit (normally they have a short piece and a long piece pile)

HTH

Yep... stuff off the rem pile is fair priced.

Guess I didn't see the long piece pile.

I don't think they like me too much, because I've asked where the rem pile is, and they either point to the small bins in the main room itself where all the small drop pieces are, or they tell me to go to the 10' precuts. There is a large rack next to the precuts section, as soon as you walk into the warehouse and walk a few feet, to the right, that looks like it has large drops. I have pulled stuff from there but they usually quote me for regular prices? Guess I'll just have to ask again. If worst comes to worse they do have a 4' precut piece of small round tube that is 98 cents a pound, it weighs like 2.81 pounds or something on the scale. However one piece is too large to fit and the other is too small by a hair, I am thinking of just drilling it out to fit.

Last edited:
I don't think they like me too much, because I've asked where the rem pile is, and they either point to the small bins in the main room itself where all the small drop pieces are, or they tell me to go to the 10' precuts. There is a large rack next to the precuts section, as soon as you walk into the warehouse and walk a few feet, to the right, that looks like it has large drops. I have pulled stuff from there but they usually quote me for regular prices?

I've seen the bins in the main room, and in the warehouse, as soon as you enter, take a left, and there is more, slightly bigger stuff, like up to 3 feet or so.

But, I haven't seen the "long" rem pile. Guess that's the stuff to the right you are talking about.

I would imagine it would be the same, but i guess i go to the IMS in Riverside so it could be slightly different.

If you're willing to come up to Temecula I'll give you a piece. Bring some beer and I'll even make your parts :D
I'm thinking about it. The pieces I'm trying to make are:
324.jpg

Those two bars at the lower part of the pic, I have everything else but those bars.

Escondido Metal Supply has a large selection of scrap.
Although....I gotta' stay away from metal supply houses.
Its like an alcoholic going to BevMo, not a good idea right now!

:D

Back