• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Pop With Heims?

Cherokeekid88

NAXJA Forum User
I installed my long arms yesterday. Standard bushing on the frame end and a 3/4" Chomo heim with teflon kevlar lining on the axle end. I only feel it when I go from park to D or from D to R. It feels like almost like something is loose, but everything is TIGHT tight. Just wondering if maybe this is common with heims or not....

are you sure its not driveline slop?

lay down and look under when someone else goes from D to R to locate where the sound is coming from.

Yeah it is still the same height. Im thinking that maybe I didn't tighten the jam nut on the heim when i tightened everything down yesterday, which might be causing the heim to actually turn from the tube adapter a bit when shifting from gears

Yeah it is still the same height. Im thinking that maybe I didn't tighten the jam nut on the heim when i tightened everything down yesterday, which might be causing the heim to actually turn from the tube adapter a bit when shifting from gears

sounds possible.

now go check

and you're quicker to make a thread on the internet about it than to actually look at the Jeep?
:twak:

and you're quicker to make a thread on the internet about it than to actually look at the Jeep?
:twak:

Well, I actually thought about that AFTER i had already posted the thread. Thought maybe it was just something that went along with having heims.....But just think...If I hadn't of posted this thread, you wouldn't have anything to do.....

Also, the jam nuts were loose, not sure if they were loose enough to cause the noise, but we will find out in the morning.

Well, I actually thought about that AFTER i had already posted the thread. Thought maybe it was just something that went along with having heims.....But just think...If I hadn't of posted this thread, you wouldn't have anything to do.....

Also, the jam nuts were loose, not sure if they were loose enough to cause the noise, but we will find out in the morning.

Thats true, aint shit to do tonight! Thanks!

The only way you're going to be able to identify the noise is to put your hand on all the various parts while someone else puts it in forward and reverse, or whatever you did to hear the noise. You'll be able to feel movement and even clicking or popping. You can guess forever.

I tightened everything down last night. Drove it this morning and heard/felt nothing. Drove it to work and heard/felt nothing. Then I drove it home and I heard it 2 times, not as bad as before, but still there. But I think It might be coming from the fact that I am actually running a 5/8" universal spacer on either end of my high misalignment spacers which are 3/4 to 9/16. So I think i might need to order some 9/16 universal spacers to correct the problem.

The reason I have 5/8" universal spacers, is because i ordered 5/8" misalignment spacer sin the beginning in hopes of drilling out my stock LCA mount, but didn't realize how hard it was going to be to get a drill in there, so I used the stock bolt size and just re ordered misalignment spacers and forgot to order new universal spacers.

Why did you use heims?
PIC's or BAN!

Well they are better than just having a standard bushing and offer more flex on the joint with high misalignment spacer installed.
Pics:
0422091515-00.jpg

0422091516-00.jpg

So you have a 5/8" hole and a 9/16" bolt? :twak:

You know what your problem is, and how to fix it. Get to it. :)

Back