• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

How Much Lift Before...

liljoe71

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 94 2wd XJ (mall crawler, LOL) with a homebrew kit. The rear is netting me 3.5 inches. The front 2.5 at the time. I just purchase some use RE4.5 TJ coils. I bought these to even out the XJ and to allow for full turn with a set of 33's (currently installed but cannot do a full turn). From what I have heard is that you are supposed to lose an inch on TJ coils correct. Any help would be great as I am thinking on changing them out this weekend and at the moment dont have the funds for other gear if needed.

The questions I have are;
1.)Will I need adjustable control arms, trackbar relocation?
2.)Death wobble at what height do it occur?
3.)Wheels Spacers? If there is any other questions I missed please add.

Lil Joe

you shouldn't need wheel spacers depending on what your bs is. adj. control arms or optional but at that height i would get at least longer fixed LCA's. your tracbar should be fine. the drop bracket that came with my 3" kit actually makes the tracbar at a steeper angle than the drag link. death wobble can occur at any lift height if you don't install it correctly or align it after you're done

BS is 4.5... I have seen some guys actually notch a part on the axle itself to get a bit of clearance from the control arms, may do that temporarily...

Thanks for the info Mudslinger4x4, Much Appreciated

Back