• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

SYE/ TCASE Question.

REX J

NAXJA Forum User
Finally got my lift in the mail and i'm getting ready to throw it on this sat/ sun. However, the SYE kit and driveshaft I ordered aren't going to be around for a few more weeks. So my question is this. Would I be able to install the kit and the 4 deg. shims I bought and test drive to see of it's functional or will I need to do a t-case drop until the good stuff comes? BTY, jeep is a 98 sport 5spd.

How much lift are you putting on? I went with 4.5" and drove it that way for about a year before putting in the SYE kit. Vibes were not that bad but i wish i would have done it all together.

T-case drop, no shims until you get the SYE + CV Driveshaft.

4.5 superflex.

you may end up with more lift height then 4.5"

5spd have longer driveshafts which will give you slightly less driveshaft angle then a auto trans, so you may get lucky with a transfercase drop.

after you get a front end alignment(adjust toe and caster), take it for a test drive and see what you get. if you get vibs, try the shims. if you still get vibs, you could make a transfercase drop to see if that cures it.

you may just have to wait for the SYE. there is no way to give you a definate answer.

Wicked, thanks for the input. I'm going in at 11 today to get the alignment done. Lift took two full days of knuckle busting fun, but is finally done. Looks crazy going from stock to about 5" of lift and 33's. I put the shims in just to get some better angles and it seemed to have helped just by eyeballin it. Trip to the alignment shop is the first road test. Hopefully i'm not drivin sideways the whole way there.

Back