• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Drum Size for 92??

From what I've been told if the hard line goes into the wheel cylinder at a 90 degree angle it's a 9" drum. If the line goes in at a 45 it's a 10". Now......I have only seen the 90 degree (9") so take this info for what its worth. :doh:

If you have the 9" brakes, then the brake line enters the wheel cylinder in the middle at 90 degrees, and can fit on either side. If you have 10" drums, the line enters at 45 degrees, and each cylinder is side specific.

I checked the angles and entry of the lines, and I found that the Lines enter at the top in the middle of the drum at 90 degrees. The emergency brake line at 45 degrees. So, 9" it is!!

D35's had 10X1.75" drums, 8.25 had 9X2.5"drums.
As far as how to measure. Remove the tire and the drum. Get out a tape measure and measure the inner diameter of the drum.

In my experience the 9" drums don't have fins but the 10" ones do. Not sure if this holds for early years.

D35's had 10X1.75" drums, 8.25 had 9X2.5"drums.
As far as how to measure. Remove the tire and the drum. Get out a tape measure and measure the inner diameter of the drum.

Both my 8.25 and D35 both had 9" drums....

My 44 was the only thing I've seen have 10" drums.

Back