• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

HEY Bruno !!!

I'll text him to talk to ya. :)

~Scott

I text'd him...he said he'd get on.

IIRC, $1400 for the cage installed and painted. Took a few days, and was done exactly how he wanted. Rocker replacements were $400, and he had that done as well.

Those guys rod and customs did it.
http://home.comcast.net/~thoseguys/home.htm

This is what happens when you eat lunch together with a Jeep guy. We talk Jeeps at least 20min. a day. hahaha

~Scott

Yep, theres the thread with da' pics. The cage is $1500, and $400 extra for the rocker replacements. As stated, Pat at Those Guys Rod and Customs in Bremerton is the man to go to when looking to do this. With the set prices above, he will tweak it how you want it to be tweaked. In my case, I wanted to save the back seat and was able to do so with the bends put into the harness bar and the lower diagnal portion as well. FWIW, its a screaming deal; $1500 covers all the metal costs, labor, shop time(my Jeep took up space in his shop for 7 days), having it painted to your color of choice, and having it customized to your liking.

Feel free to ask more questions as they come. :D

Not sure why my PMs aren't working...I just got one from Alex. :laugh:.

-Lyle

awesome ! thanks. those pics are nice and detailed. pretty much got what i need. thanks.

might be paying them a visit.

:thumbup:

Pat is really great guy to work with...well...talk to on the phone and tell him what you want to happen. :laugh:

But seriously, the time I spent down there snooping around the shop and what not was alot of fun. Gotta check out the Dyno downstairs. :cool:

-Lyle

Rod, as another alternative, my bro-in-law might be interested in some side projects and would probably do one for you too. Just a matter of leaving it in Olympia for a while.

Let me know if you're interested.

Did you have it done more for safety or structure?

Well...both. Its hard to say which is more important, but the you can't go wrong with getting both in one package. I now know that if my rig happens to get into a really bad situation and goes rubber side up, I will not be stuck inside of a crushed soda can. I guess you could look at it that the structral stiffening and rigidness leads to a much higher safety factor. We all know that unibodys aren't ideal for the things we do to them, but with the cage my rig is much more stout and doesn't have the normal body roll and the creaking sounds accompanied with it when flexing on the trail. Stock XJ's can't have the rear hatch close when in a full flex position, and my rig with the cage now can. The cage greatly makes up for the weeknesses of a unibody rig. Hell, Matt has pretty much taken his XJ places no other unibody has been. Not to often you see pics from the hardest trails at Moab with nothing but buggies, and an XJ keeping up.

-Lyle

*cough* I can. :D

~Scott
Uh, no. :rolleyes:

I originally bought my cage so I could wheel it longer without the fatigue the unibody goes through when wheeled for extended periods of time, and to protect the body from more serious damage. Now that I have it, the safety aspect has become a very important one to me. I couldn't imagine doing some of the stuff we do without some sort of protection (insert condom joke).

-----Matt-----

Last edited:
Uh, no. :rolleyes:

I originally bought my cage so I could wheel it longer without the fatigue the unibody goes through when wheeled for extended periods of time, and to protect the body from more serious damage. Now that I have it, the safety aspect has become a very important one to me. I couldn't imagine doing some of the stuff we do without some sort of protection (insert condom joke).

-----Matt-----

Was that word suppose to be part of the joke too...? :D

Body damage will happen though, even with the roof rails. Doors will dent, but your unibody will be protected.

-Lyle

Wanna actually wheel?:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

-Alex

Your funny. Does it make you sad knowing I could kick your butt?

~Scott

Back