• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Which direction is the auxiliary fan supposed to blow?

bhicks

NAXJA Forum User
I just rewired my auxiliary fan so I could have a manual switch on my dash but I am a little confused. After I hooked it up, I couldn't remember which direction the air was supposed to flow. Is it supposed to suck air through the radiator and onto the engine or the other way around? As of right now it is sucking air through the radiator and into the engine compartment. I thought this was correct until my neighbor came over and put paranoia into my head. He told me I had it backwards. He statedI must have spliced into the wrong wire which reversed the fan direction. I didn't even know you could do that. The guy is kind of a know it all dumbass, so now I am all mixed up.

Puller or pusher? Puller fan is located on the side of the radiator nearest the engine, pusher fan nearer the grill.

The stock fan would be a puller on the backside of the radiator between the radiator and the motor. I have not seen any front mount pusher fans on an XJ due to the cramped area!

Now you have two things right. Suck IN cool air over the radiator, not try to blow hot air out.

This.

Stock e-fan pulls in cool air through the radiator.

Even easier to remember - air goes in the front of the vehicle and towards the engine. Otherwise it's just fighting the airflow when you're moving. Feel free to tell your neighbor he's a dumb ass and avoid taking any auto advice from him in the future.

Even easier to remember - air goes in the front of the vehicle and towards the engine. Otherwise it's just fighting the airflow when you're moving. Feel free to tell your neighbor he's a dumb ass and avoid taking any auto advice from him in the future.

ditto x2

Has he ever said 350 chevy motors are the same, or carburetors do a better job? To pull the battery cable to check the alternator, or a 20 min charge will bring a battery up to full? Does he jumpstart cars with his still running?

Hold his firearm sideways and talk about his pocketknife as his last ditch backup? Tell stories about the last time the police commandeered his vehicle to chase deadly felons, and all his uncles were Special Forces Delta Team Ranger Commandos?

Do you smell the scent of burned tires and see lots of empty acetone cans in his trash?

Something has to explain it.

Just tell him next time that Jeeps are different, and keep him away from your tools.

Whenever I've jumped another vehicle I've always done it with mine running and usually keeping the RPM's up a bit too! I hope I'm not considered an idiot? But alot of times this is the only way jumping will work!

Whenever I've jumped another vehicle I've always done it with mine running and usually keeping the RPM's up a bit too! I hope I'm not considered an idiot? But alot of times this is the only way jumping will work!

your fine.

but be prepared to be flamed.:flame::roll:

Back