• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

the on board air setup

ati2ude

NAXJA Forum User
Ok so I think I have all the plumbing figured out but I dont see anything On how to do the wiring. does someone mind helping me out with this part of it? I am going to use the stock compressor for a 97 wrangler. Instead of having to build mounts and everything else
Chris

The wiring is the easy part. All you need is a switch, a pressure switch, fuse and wire. You can use a relay if you feel it is necessary, personally I didn't. Then all it is is 12 volt power to pressure switch then to plug on a/c compressor.

The wiring is the easy part. All you need is a switch, a pressure switch, fuse and wire. You can use a relay if you feel it is necessary, personally I didn't. Then all it is is 12 volt power to pressure switch then to plug on a/c compressor.
Yeah what he said

i assume u will be using a pressure release valve ? if so yur compressor will run non stop and just blow the valve. not a huge deal unless you are running it for really long periods. I think Dustin aka Torx ran his this way and it worked good from what i saw. although the first time the pressure release blew i peed myself a lil. wasnt expecting that while i was leaning over the hood, lol.

i assume u will be using a pressure release valve ? if so yur compressor will run non stop and just blow the valve. not a huge deal unless you are running it for really long periods. I think Dustin aka Torx ran his this way and it worked good from what i saw. although the first time the pressure release blew i peed myself a lil. wasnt expecting that while i was leaning over the hood, lol.
lolololol Yeah he did that to us out on the trail last time to lol
I think you should get a switch though they aren't just for the tank they are for the whole system.

I know the pressure release valve from Lowes said it is rated at something around 30 cfm so you will be good. Why are you not going to run a tank anyway?

right now i just have no place to mount a tank yet. not sure if i want to mount it under or try doing the welded sliders type tank. but i still want OBA ASAP lol last weekend sucked had to go all the way to banks to get air. the shell we normally use said their compressor was DOA

right now i just have no place to mount a tank yet. not sure if i want to mount it under or try doing the welded sliders type tank. but i still want OBA ASAP lol last weekend sucked had to go all the way to banks to get air. the shell we normally use said their compressor was DOA

Make a rear bumper tank or the roll bar into a tank.

Dave

Ok finally got it all done. It works awesome and looks great to. I think I will want a tank though. I have to move my oil/water seperator though I put it in the wrong spot lol oh well. It still fills up my tires in about 45 sec. for a 35 inch tire. Thats good for a sanden compressor

100_2371.jpg

100_2372.jpg

100_2373.jpg

100_2374.jpg

100_2375.jpg

the ones comming out of the compressor are the ones i guess you are refering to and i had them made at Parker Fluid Connectors here in salem

i actually today cleaned it up some. moved the toggle switch over and also mounted the quick connect instead of having it laving there. made a mount for the manifold so it doesnt bounce around looks good i think

i got the maifold at Parker Fluid Conectors also. I was there for about an hour trying to figure out everything I needed. They helped me out alot

Back