• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Goodyear DuraTrac tire review:

HMGanja

NAXJA Forum User
Well its been a while since I posted here so I thought I would contribute something. I have had these tires about a month now, so I thought I would do a little review since they just came out and I think I was the first to get a set thru Discount Tire. Anyway, coming from a el cheapo A/T these things are the shiznit. They have performed great in loose gravel (the local gravel pit) actually backing up a hill on loose gravel in 2wd was unheard of with my other tires. They are respectable in the mud. I really havent been "mud boggin" since mud is not really my thing. But again 100X better than my old A/T's. They do have somewhat of a soft side-wall, which kinda shocked me, but is ok. Like I said, my XJ is a DD that spends about 35% of its life offroad, and none of it is rock crawling with my tires aired down. All I can say really as far as its offroad manners is good. Been down to the river a few times and they done great, and have climbed some hills in 2wd that used to take 4wd. All in all they do damn good offroad if you ask me. Now for on road, they are still good. They made NO noise what so ever when I first got them. About a week into their life they became just noticable. And thats with the windows down. Windows up and you cannot hear them at all. They track good and straight. But you deff. do not want to hit the slolom with these things. I dont know if its because im used to street tires or what, but there is deff. some side-wall flex I had to get used to. But now I dont even notice really. You also dont get that viberation right before you come to a stop like I notice in my friends TJ with MT/R's. They are 33's though so that might be the reason. Sorry for no pictures but the cam is fubar'ed. BTW: this little review is for the 235/75/15. Since I only have a BB, they look good on the Jeep though if I do say so myself. Well thats about it. Just wanted you guys to know they are a damn good tire for the money. I got mine for $135 a piece from Discount Tire. I really wanted the new Kevlar MT/R's but yea......$$$$$$ Well I finally (half-assed) contributed to the best XJ website on the net!NAXJA

What year is your Cherokee?

Do they rub at all?

Bump for an update on these? I am looking to buy a set of these and was wondering about treadwear. Accordind to tire rach these have a 8.2 rating vs. 8.5 for BFG AT KO which is what I have now and will also be considering again.

Bump for an update on these? I am looking to buy a set of these and was wondering about treadwear. Accordind to tire rach these have a 8.2 rating vs. 8.5 for BFG AT KO which is what I have now and will also be considering again.

I heard the Duratracs wear a little more than the AT KOs but I'm still going with the duratracs because the wear difference isnt much considering how much better of a tire they are.

I have these on my toyota pickup I dd with a spool in the rear. I have about 7k miles on them and can hardly notice the tread wear even with the spool. I have rotated them once since I have bought them. In my opinion these are perfect for a dd/weekend wheeler. Like stated by the OP the sidewalls are a little soft but other than that they are great. I even got talked into doing the mud bog last year at the local fair and won the stock class(33's or smaller tire size class) though that is the only time I have had them in mud other than the county roads. I will buy these again if I need a size they offer them in.

edit: tire size is 33/12.50/15

There is no comparison between the duratrac and KO, the Duratrac is a far superior tire!
Better in snow
Better in mud
Better in the wet
10X better on ice
wear is about equal

i have about 30k on mine between having them on my xj and on a 1/2 ton chevy pickup and they still look great...awesome all around tire for the price. i expect 60-70 k out of them. size 31-10.5

Almost 2 years on mine now. 31x10.50. Been very happy, wear is excellent.
Just bought 35" MTR's but if they made in that size I probably would have bought duratracs again. I have found them to be an amost perfect split between offroad performance and good road manners.

Cool. Good reviews and a better price mean I'll be ordering a set of 245/75r16 load range e duratracs tomorrow for my Moab wheels.

I just put a set of the Duratracs in 33x12.5 flavor on my rig. So far I've been pretty impressed. Haven't had a chance to wheel em yet (other than snow and crap) but they gripped very well in that mess. They run down the highway smooth, it feels like I've got a set of highway tires. For the price.... not too shabby....

I have 265/75/16's and they are great. A lot smoother on the road then my old BFG At's and way better in the mud, not that they see much of that, mud sucks. Tomorrow they will see thier first snow.

Anyone know if they make a 33x10.50? I would really like those as a set of street tires. cause my jeep is about to see a lot more freeway when I go away for school...

Anyone know if they make a 33x10.50? I would really like those as a set of street tires. cause my jeep is about to see a lot more freeway when I go away for school...

They don't, I looked.

Another thumbs-up over here. I've been running a set of 245/75R16s for a little under a year now and absolutely love them. They've never failed to impress me.

Got my father hooked on them too after he asked about a studdable AT tire. He's about to install them on all his hunting vehicles at this point...

I guess the best way to put it is this: they're an EXTREMELY well-rounded tire that makes no compromises whatsoever.

i have a set of 33/12.50/15's on my 87. i have rock crawled with them. worked awesome. they were a little more diggy in the sand . the BFG a/t seemed to float on the sand the Dura Tracs seems to dig more. i have had them in some mud. pulled me right out. they have great street manners. quiet . i would highly recommended them . i have had mine for about a year but have only put 3-4 k on mine. no funny wear pattern.

Thanks for the comments, just ordered a set of 245/75r16 load range c Duratracs. Tirerack called me about .5 seconds after I hit submit to confirm that I knew they were larger than stock.

Good to know, i've been looking at tires. The BFG A/T's seem alright, but everyone says they're not great in mud. These sound like they'll be just perfect!

Back