• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Gauge Swap Function Question

98NWCherokee

NAXJA Forum User
I know the swap itself has been covered and I did search the forum for all related articles but I didn't find whether this question had been addressed. I'm going to be helping my friend swap their base cluster on their 01 Sport. I know the swap is plug and play but I was wondering if the low fuel light will work on the swapped in cluster? The base cluster doesn't have a low fuel light so I don't know if this function will work. I know I need to get a 98 or later cluster to retain the rear hatch light as this was not on the 97, but is there anything else I need to be careful with? My friend is not concerned with accurate mileage so a swapped cluster is no big deal for the odometer reading.

Thanks for your time.

The clusters seem to be all the same, I swapped my 98 with a 97TJ cluster and it had all the sockets in it, I just had to remove, add and move some bulbs around. Oh, one oddity, my 'low washer fluid' light does not work but my 'security' light comes on with the washer fluid low :D :D

I just did this swap and I can tell you it does work.
it was the easiest thing i have ever done on my jeep, took like 10 min.

edit: when I say it i mean the law fule light

Back