• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

8.25 "U" bolt style yoke?

xjtrailrider

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
Yep, I have searched! The only thing I can find is an old Dodge truck application but no part number. Most of the threads I have found are old, so does anyone know of a yoke being made now and if so give me a part number.

I do not wish to drill a stock yoke, I would rather have one that is designed for "U" bolts.

TIA

ive "made" them for my old 8.25, and a few friends.

advance has a perfect sized u-joint u-bolt made for fords i believe. drill out the yoke holes a little larger, and there you go. a u-bolt style yoke for about 5 bucks

advance has a perfect sized u-joint u-bolt made for fords i believe. drill out the yoke holes a little larger, and there you go. a u-bolt style yoke for about 5 bucks

Is there enough room for the nuts on the back side or will I need to do some grinding there?

i've done the same. make sure you drill the smallest hole that will still fit the bolts.

pep boys has them, too, and i would guess other auto supply places do.

it doesn't say the model application, but if you take one of your straps off your yoke, and go in the store just match up the holes for the bolts to make sure theyre the same size and your good to go

that's how i did it. fyi, the front and rear are different. one of them is a Ford u-bolt; i think it's the rear but i can't remember for sure.

Back