• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

d44 vent

dogsled1

NAXJA Forum User
I bought a D44 recently to swap in my XJ, there is a plactic piece that appears to have been sheared off on the top of the drivers side tube. Is this a vent? If so, is it supposed to look like that or should there be a nipple and a tube?

I bought a D44 recently to swap in my XJ, there is a plactic piece that appears to have been sheared off on the top of the drivers side tube. Is this a vent? If so, is it supposed to look like that or should there be a nipple and a tube?

Yes ,It is a plastic tube and a nipple.
You could up-date it to the hollow bolt style on the later rear ends that go thru the brake line block.If you have the rear apart to re build it -Its a good time to up-date.

Wayne

x2

Drill and tap the hole to accept the brake block and hollow bolt from your old axle. Then just plug the extra hole in your D44. The plastic nipple is prone to leaking and as you have already experienced, breaking.

When I had mine D44 apart, I drilled and tapped it to accept a 3/8" NPT nipple hose barb. Like yours, the plastic nipple was sheerd off.

Back