• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

another bushwacker question.

f1tbiker6

NAXJA Forum User
sorry i know there have been many threds but im still confused on one area. THE REAR FENDERS. in the instructions bushwacker gives you, it says to cut through the seem, just not at the bottoms or the top. i dont want to cut through them at all sooooo.....since im already cut and folded in the rear will modifying the inner lip of the bushwacker be okay? i dont want to ruin the bushwacker, or compromise on strength, but i got the idea from this website: http://www.jeepin.com/features/bushwacker/page2.asp

ok, they held up that time, but ask other people if they hold up. I'm sure that there are plenty of people that agree with me!

i agree about the cracking... i had my jeep rock hard against a tree and then drag on it right on the bushwacker, and it just popped in then popped out... it is scratched now, but no cracking. i would imagine sun would make them more brittle, but i also try to throw some armorall wax on them to keep them nice.

The fender will not crack when using a dremel tool to cut it to fit. many people say they crack easily.i suspect this is after long term sun exposure.

Brand new set, cold weather...hitting hard tree roots... We watched a kid's Bushwacker crap flares EXPLODE in those conditions after he spent a better part of the weekend installing them. 3 were gone by the end of the day. "Spend the $400 on a locker," we said...but they never listen. ;)

Both parts of my left rear flares are cracked so... When it comes down to rocks vs plastic there will eventually be a loser. I'm going to call them monday to see if I can get replacements. I,ve also had both fronts pull through the bolt holes and all the original screws have stripped out and been replaced with stainless machine screws & larger washers. Nowadays I just use them on the street to keep the pigs if my back and pull them off for trails rides.

okay okay people i have heard they crack and some disagree. but thats not what im worried about. i no longer need a question ansered as i have installed them.

i got them on heres some pics

3497523111_7560a1693c.jpg

3498338936_6294a7d7db.jpg

3498337828_d111a57bbe.jpg

the backs were a PITA!

looks good!

Back