• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Leaf Springs

Only In A Jeep XJ

NAXJA Forum User
What leaf springs is you higher horse power people running. I've used S-10 (2 Sets) and rough country. I'm running a 4.6 stroker and can not keep rear springs for more than one or two runs. After that they are s shaped or in the case of the rough country trashed.

You running any sort of anti-wrap bar? Sounds like you're not and probably should. :) I've got a hybrid Old Man Emu leaf spring with 1.5" blocks in back of mine...and they've been behind a 4:1 t-case and heavily wheeled for the last 7 years. They're still in great shape, which is attributed to the anti-wrap bar.

Nope no traction bars. I'm not running a lift block but I do have the 1.5" ubolt eliminators. which would be the same. Yea I know it is an axle wrap issue but sence I'll need to replace my springs any way I thought I'd look for some good heavy duty springs that would kill two birds with one stone. I'm seeing cherokee springs with any thing from 3-8 leafs and checking to see what some of the different XJ'ers are running to see what my best options are going to be.

Spring wise, Alcan will build them custom to your application. I've got an extra 1/2 leaf on the forward side of the spring on mine I assume for anti wrap.

alcan all the way. i love mine, which also have the extra 1/2 leaf. ride and flex excellent.

martin

I'd contact alcan or deaver for a set of custom leaf packs built to your needs. Expensive, but may save you the trouble from going through a set every couple months.

When i was spring shopping the alcans were a little cheaper than the deavers. I paind $220 a spring for the alcans and the deavers were closer to $300 I think. Either way when they build them for you they take into account vehicle weight what you plan on carrying and what purpose you are using the vehicle for.

I am running the Big Offroad (BOR) leafs and they are excellent. Well built and military wrapped. They are also a sponsor of NAXJA...I try and support those who support us as much as possible.

Back