• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Unibody Damage. Can This Be Fixed? Pics.

sharq

NAXJA Forum User
a pos altima hit my hitch yesterday. how bad is this? the shackles are up against the back of the shackle box. makes a creaking sound when the suspension flexes. is the insurance adjusted going to total it? the hitch was sure made well. ill be able to use it on another jeep.
hitchw.jpg

unibodyw.jpg

shacklesy.jpg

Last edited:
Re: unibody damage. can this be fixed? pics inside.

oops one of those pics had my license plate in it and i need to resize them. ...3 mins please.

a good frame shop should be able to pull that out to "almost" new..

a good frame shop should be able to pull that out to "almost" new..

the questions is: how much will thhat cost. will the adjusted decide to total it? i think i read on here somewhere that they only cover up to 70% of the value of the vehicle until they total it.

It is fixable but will cost alot. same thing happend to the last xj i bought. i didn't bother to fix it cause it still drove fine. But that looks worse then what had happend to mine.

I'd just cut the rear x-member out, cut out the shackle boxes, build up a nice plated x-member, and some nicer than stock shackle mounts

It is fixable but will cost alot. same thing happend to the last xj i bought. i didn't bother to fix it cause it still drove fine. But that looks worse then what had happend to mine.

think theyll total it?

take whatever they give you jack it up under the hitch and get a few fat friends to jump up and down or drive off a high curb so yor hitch bottoms out on the curb

there is a lot of veriables to take into account when desideing what to give you. things like vehicle age, condition before the wreck including paint, major damage and trail rash etc. xj's are a relatively cheap vehicle so do not be surprised when they total it. but do your homework first. check the book value for your xj in its condition before the wreck, both blue booke and NADA.

What you have is fairly major frame damage, and they will most likely total it. I'd take it around to a couple body shops and get an estimate of fixing it, so you know what you're dealing with. Also, don't take the first offer the insurance company gives you, do a little research about values in your area. You didn't say what year it is.

I'd take the money and either buy another cheap XJ or get some help from friends to bend the frame back and use the money to buy some upgrade parts.

this weekend must have had something in it.. the same exact thing happened to me. My mother in law was driving and got smacked by a ricer.

Why does everyone worry about their plate # showing? 1000's see it everyday? Someone fill me in on this. :eye:
X2!

i have no idea. i know people try to hide them on the internet so i thought there was something to it.

ive been souping up my brothers '04 GTO and when i posted on LS1GTO.com i made the plate say "mustang killer" instead of just covering it up.

just got back from the body shop. the estimate was $2700! the NADA value is only around $1500.

back on topic, what are my options? will the adjuster total it?

this is my first experience with this type of thing so i dont know what to expect.

this is my first experience with this type of thing so i dont know what to expect.

They totaled my 96 after I met w/ a suburu who wasn't looking......I got em to come up a few hundred by researching XJs for sale in my state....and anything I had reciets for they paid me for (parts only not labor).....then i bought my XJ back from them for 300. I used the bucks to fix and upgrade. I actually came out good except in my state my title now says 'rebuilt'....lowers the value if it happens again or i sell. :cry:

be sure you check on stuff they say and never ever think they have your interest in mind....its all about them no matter how nice they sound.....:kissyou: When they get you all comfy, just remember....they are looking at you butt with some plans in mind :angel:

Back