• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

link mounts?

XJ jeep creep

NAXJA Forum User
im swapping in a Lp d44, ive just finished the truss and about to start the ca mounts. if i deviate from where the stock locations are will that completely f*ck my geometry? i would like to put the lower mounts higher so they dont get hung up on rocks.

im using adjustable CA and rubi express drop brackets.

any help would great, nobody ive talked to can give me a straight answer thats helpful.

thanks that makes sense. if i go up i will probably have to go back though (towards the rear) can i just shorten the LCA to make up for it or is there an ideal spot from the centerline of the axle to be?

thanks that makes sense. if i go up i will probably have to go back though (towards the rear) can i just shorten the LCA to make up for it or is there an ideal spot from the centerline of the axle to be?

I don't think going back will be a problem since it wouldn't need to be much. If you can, do the same with the upper mounts, but if not, I wouldn't worry about it. There is no ideal spot for the mounts in relation to the axle centerline... just keep the same distance (vertically) between the upper and lower mounting bolts.
Billy

i looked at your build thread and youve done a similar thing with your LCAs. how does your rig drive?

ps. your welds look tight

Back