• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

OBD won't read: looking for voltages on data link connector pins from known good rig

kshbaja

NAXJA Forum User
Hi,
My 2000 Cherokee failed emissions because they couldn't get a reading. I have confirmed I have power (14v) on pin 16, and my grounds (pins 4/5) are good. I have also verified continuity from DLC pins 6/7 back to the PCM, so the wires are OK. It drives fine. There is no CEL on.

I can read voltage on pins 6/7. I understand this is probably some digital signal, but I was wondering just to make sure I am in the ballpark if someone might know what these values should approximately be (as read on a multimeter) on a functional system?

Is it likely that only the OBD component of the PCM has stopped working? I read one other post where someone claimed a new battery fixed this, but with a steady 14V reading, I am not confident this is my issue.
Thanks,
Kevin

Back