• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Help installing new brakes...

BigMike80

NAXJA Forum User
Today, when i went to push on the brakes I had to push the pedal all the way to the floor to stop and then it started to make a grinding noise. The last time I got new pads they turned the rotors and said I would need new rotors soon. So, Im thinking of just buying new pads and rotors.

Does anyone in San Diego want to help me install new pads and rotors? Im a newb when it comes to this stuff but I want to learn.

If no one answers, Haynes Repair Manual walks you right through it.

Are you sure it is the front? Not sure what truck you have but disc brakes are self adjusting. Drum brakes, when out of adjustment, can cause exactly what your discribing. My .02

Im pretty sure its the front. I can hear the noise coming from up there when I push on the brakes. Also when it happened my brake light came on...anyone know what causes this?

I have the Haynes guide and I think I could probably do it myself but I dont know if I have enough tools to do the job. I'll be heading to NAPA tomorrow...any suggestions on which rotors and pads to get?

If your not running huge tires, just get there standard rotors and brakes. the job is super easy to do, read the manual directions. just read the direction carefully. a big c clamp helps. if i were closer i would help. step and help a fellow naxja brother san diego members!!!!!

I don't mind helping, I am not available until Sunday after 3:30-4:00.

If you want to bring it by my place then, we could put them on pretty quick.

Same here not doing anythin tomorrow just recouping from the trip home.

Cool, Im going to head to NAPA now and pick up the pads and rotors. If you want to help out give me a call 858-401-2240.

Beer/Soda is on me! I'd like to do most of the work so I can learn...I just want to make sure I dont screw something up. Especially on something important like brakes.

Thanks guys!!!!

Hey Bro I'm beat, I was with the wife in the ER until 2 this morning after driving for 13 hours yesterday. If you really need it done today you can swing by around 6, or we can hook you up tomorrow?

Hey no problem. I hope everything is OK! If I dont meet up with Ocean_Jet we can get together tomorrow sometime and put them on.

I just got new pads and rotors from NAPA. Total cost was $82.00...a lot better than the $400 that Midas would have charged me.

She's fine, she thought it would be fun to pass some kidney stones as soon as we got home yesterday. Tomorrow works best for me if you dont get with mike, I should be home by 4. Give me a call tomorrow if you want to head over. I am in Tierrasanta 951-313-0145

Paul

Cool, I'll give you a call a little later. I'm in tierrasanta too so that's easy...I wont have to drive far on shitty brakes.

Sounds good

Back