• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Replacement AC compressor

camarors8992

NAXJA Forum User
Last night my compressor decided it didn't feel like working and seized up on me. Where can I find a replacement ? The only ones I found were close to $300 and i'll throw a $15 non ac belt on before i drop that much for a compressor.

98 4.0

I REALLY need a non-ac belt routing diagram. I'm currently without a vehicle and hoping a non ac belt will work.

Eh, I'll just drive my parents vehicles until then, but i'm out for the camping trip tomorrow night with a bunch of friends :(

XXXX my life, i went and got a compressor out of a 96 from the yard and well it's not the right one, but whatever it'll bolt in place and work just so I can drive it. Well I drilled out the broken bolt, and retapped it and went to bolt it into place. One of the bolts was going in very hard so i took the tap to the hole to clean it out and it XXXXing broke int he hole. So Now 3 hours of my life gone because nothing goes right at all. How can I remove the stupid tap so I can just bolt this thing into place and go somewhere far away, far, far, far away.

My dad used to have a tap extraction tool, it had two tabs that fit where the tap releafs are. You could try harbor fright...

I put off getting a replacement ac compressor for years... Finally decided it was enough and dropped 180 on a re manufactured from advance. I had all 4 bolts break on me as well and got lucky to tap three of them out and had to just vice the fourth on out. No need to run far far away your not the only one with jeep problems. Good luck man.

steel bolts dont like to be removed from aluminium especially when electrolisis has occured. be sure to clean the threads on the bolt and you "might" want to use some anti-sieze extremely sparingly. that would help in the future especially if your just going to put one on to get by until you can replace it properly

Last edited:
That's what i've done, sometime next week when i get the right compressor i'll have to change them out. LOL and so much for going far away, I ended up taking a rock to the face after it exploded from our campfire. Needless to say I'm home early after having my face/eye checked out and my ear is ringing still. I guess I can't do anything but laugh at how things are working out.

Back