• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Iron Rock HD OTK Steering

2001XJ

NAXJA Forum User
Anyone use this?

IronRockHDOTKSteering.jpg

Similar to the RK design but better IMO

I'm a little sketched out by the draglink/tierod relation. They don't contact when you turn right?

I'm a little sketched out by the draglink/tierod relation. They don't contact when you turn right?

Don't know. I contacted them about sending me a pic with it installed and that's what they sent. I am assuming no contact but not sure.

looks like it goes to the tab that the arrow is pointing to

looks like it goes to the tab that the arrow is pointing to

x2
The stabilizer isn't bolted to anything - it's just sitting up there on the trac bar so you can see what's going on.

The system looks good. Personally I would go WJ steering / brakes before throwing any other money at a D30 but I understand that there are financial reasons not to (I'm broke, too)...
I haven't heard of anyone having tie rod / drag link contact on the RK system, which is pretty much the same as the IRO. I still might go tie rod UTK and drag link on top to reduce the angle, but then you have to mess with the track bar to if you want it to be "correct"

One of the guys in my club just put that setup on his XJ, seems to work well. He drove out to Moab and back, he did manage to break the drag link adjuster while taking a pretty aggressive line across the Golden Crack out there, but was able to get another one overnighted to the Napa there in town. They seem to have great customer service.

Back