• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

ADJ. BALL JOINTS ????

jasonsxj

NAXJA Forum User
alignment shop told me i need adj. ball joints my chamber is off not wearing tires yet but you can tell they lean do i need them ?? or is their a way around that ?? ball joints have no play in them ??!!!:dunno::dunno::dunno:

From my experience places will make up excuses to not work on a lifted vehicle. Ive had a guy try to explain to me how much work it would be to adjust my camber and they just didn't have time to do it. Which is odd with it being straight axle and only needing a toe adjustment. Went to my usual shop shortly after everything was straight, i even hung out and helped to make sure everything was to my liking.

Well, if your ball joints are good and have no play, and your tires are noticeably leaning, then the next possible explanation is that you have a bent axle. I would take a straight edge and try to check the tubes, see if everything is alright.

is there a way to put shims or spacers to adj. the ball joints?? or ANY homebrew solution to this ?? i priced adj. ball joints from e-bay they where 140.00 for just the lowers ?? !!!!!!!

There is some adjustment to the caster by moving the lower control arms in the frame mounts. The camber changes with the caster because the turning axis of the knuckle is not perpendicular to the axle. Any shop with some experience should be able to figure it out. If your camber is so out of spec that it would require offset ball joints to get it in spec then it is likely your axle is bent.

Back