• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

adjustable lca's ?

downhillracer

NAXJA Forum User
I should know how to do this but I don't, and I have searched but the suggestions on the other threads wont work for me. I got some adjustable lca's and im trying to put them on. They are fully collapsed and are about 3/8" longer than stock. I cannot get the bolt holes to line up for the life of me. As per goatman's instructions I did one at a time on the ground and used my foot to roll the tire forward to increase the space between the axle mount and the mount on the chassis but it wont move enough. The pipe wrench on the axle tube wont work because im trying to move the axle out not in, not to mention I dont own a wrench that big. Anybody got any tips or tricks for me?

One more question.... I just put these adjustable lca's on and they have the large heim joints at both ends. When I hit a bump it feels like its going to rattle my teeth out of my head. I expected that the ride was going to be harsh but sweet tap dancing christ... not that bad. I have heard that other joints from currie or tera will work with the skyjacker arms, can anybody validate this for me?

find out the thread pitch of the joints.

its rough because you have two heims on each arm. it would provide a better ride if you had 1 heim and 1 rubber bushing like most arms have.

also, what size lift?

could be the control arm angle giving the harsh ride.

Its 4.5 inch lift so it would profit from some dbs, but thats not the real issue that im looking at. I had the stock lcas on there for over a year and noticed that the bumps are harsher because of the angles but arent horrible. These heims provide no buffer from the bump to the cabin. I was just wondering if any company makes threaded ends that have a bushing rather than a heim or johnny joint. All the arms I have seen have fixed rubber bushings and threaded heims or jj's.

Back