• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

redrill knuckles?

whitneyj

NAXJA Forum User
I've been researching my dodge flattop knuckles and a couple questions came up. No other spindle apparently will bolt up to it, so I'm stuck with the dodge stuff. But what if I were to have the spindle bolts redrilled to the Ford bolt pattern? Then I'd be able to run everything I already have, I'd have more aftermarket support for shafts, hubs, misc. hub brake things, ect. Is it possible?

chromo shafts are the big one, I don't want to be stuck with stock stubs when I finally upgrade. That and I won't have to buy all new brakes again. :)

It should all interchange. Have you researched? Read our own FAQ section.

It should all interchange. Have you researched? Read our own FAQ section.

My Ford spindle has a 5 bolt pattern and my Dodge spindle has a 6 bolt pattern. . . I've researched as much as I can find which typically ends in "there isn't much information because not many people use them". I'm not hell bent on running these, but I want to exhaust all other options before giving up on them.

Did you check Mr. N's page?

yup and Crash's, and every Dodge forum I could find. I'm really looking for some advice on whether or not this is a good/bad/impossible idea

D44, D60, or D30?

I called Parts Mike yesterday and discussed this exact thing with him about my kingpin D60. He told me what most are doing with the D60 is just reaming the TRE hole from the top and test fitting the TRE as they do it. He said it would give the hole an hour glass shape but that people were not having any trouble with it. I am planning on doing that to mine in the future and running the 1 ton TRE's. Shoot him an email if you want to ask him about your specific application. He seem s to be a very nice and friedly guy. I plan on getting my reamer from him when I get to that stage.

whoa whoa whoa, I appreciate that info, but I'm trying to get some info on redrilling the knuckle where the spindle bolts to. I want to redrill the Dodge knuckles to use a Ford spindle.

Oh I was not thinking. Why not run the small chevy spindle?

because then I have to buy one :)
I'd really just like to stick to all ford stuff since I have it all already

Back