• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

mounting my spare ont eh roof question...

boostamante

NAXJA Forum User
would it be safe to mount it like this with similar straps? Just wondering cause i could see it being a better place to place as appose to the rear where i currently have it on a carrier.

the pic is not my vehicle just found it on another thread.

sparetop1.jpg
http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x155/kedelbach/Cherokee/sparetop1.jpg

Probably be fine if you're not running 35's. I've seen a few guys run like that without any trouble.

I would suggest a third strap, chain, or whatever....that ties the two straps together and goes down through the slots of the wheel.

Probably be fine if you're not running 35's. I've seen a few guys run like that without any trouble.

I would suggest a third strap, chain, or whatever....that ties the two straps together and goes down through the slots of the wheel.

good idea. I was just thinking i would mount it that way if i was to need more room or just to eliviate weight in the rear. then again, im sure high center gravity wont help.

DOh! maybe i should mount it inside the car while on the trails...

What sizw tire?

What's wrong with it on the rear carrier?

Mounting it inside while out wheelin' is best. But sometimes you need the room for 'stuff', otherwise, the roof works fine.
meh, it all depends on how much crap i end up taking with me. I want to take My R/C crawler junk incase i find some cool stuff to crawl. then again, i have the 1:1 so who needs r/c's right?
What sizw tire?

What's wrong with it on the rear carrier?

Nothing is wrong with it, just seems real heavy back there. I can see my jeep sagging a bit in the rear. the tire is a 32"

And if it falls off in BB, we all get to point and laugh :D

its ok, im use to being the one who makes others laugh :p

Back