• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need advice on Saggy leaf packs

Cherokeekid88

NAXJA Forum User
So on Friday, I will be swapping axles. I was looking at my current leaf packs and they are pretty flat. Ride is fairly good, but since im swapping axles i'd figure id do something about the leaf packs at the same time. Well buying a new set of leaf packs is out of the question and blocks will only worsen the situation. I already have a 1" shackle on it. A buddy of mine has a buttload of leaf springs from different jeeps and was wondering, I don't really want much more lift from it, I mainly want to strengthen the packs I already have.

Ya just ad a simular lenght leaf under the 3rd leaf and I think youll get what you want. If you want more you can ad another secondary leaf which will give you some lift and stiffen up the ride a little more.

The only way to get the results you're after is going to be through experimentation. Be prepared to assemble and disassemble the pack many times.

Last edited:
the more leafs you add to your leaf pack the more firmness yoyu will have which in turn will hurt flex and ride quality

Not exactly. The National pack that is one of the best out there has 11 leaves. My current XJ pack has 10 leaves and it's a bastard pack full of all regular thickness leaves, and it flexes very well and rides great.

The key is how it's built and reducing friction.

There is a ton of info out there, please search. I've personally posted on this topic quite a few times in the last couple of weeks. If you just search on my posts you'll get plenty of info, plus what everyone else has posted.

Back