• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Project Big Red

OFFRDR

NAXJA Forum User
Well I started out my build up today. It was a great day here in Alaska, so I really wanted to get out and start working on the XJ. I started out by going out and picking up some of my parts. My Rubicon express lift came in a few days ago. I also picked up my TJ bracket for the axle.

So far, I'm in the parts gathering stage, but I've purchased them, I'm just waiting for them to arrive. I'm going to get my axles out of a storage unit tomorrow. They're a hp44 and a 9". My lockers and gears are on the way.
As soon as everything is here, I'm going to start the axle rebuild.

The only thing I've yet to purchase is my 37x13.5 Pitbull Rockers and rims. Next paycheck, and they're coming my way!

In the meantime, while I'm waiting for parts, I'm going to be putting a scoop on my hood and doing some cooling system fixes/upgrades. Water pump is shot, so I'm replacing it, possibly a 3 row radiator, and the hood scoop should do the trick. I'm just going to take a hood that I got for free, add a WRX bolt down scoop, then bondo the edges up to make it look nice. Then paint the whole hood neon green. Heh.

After the hood comes the roof rack. 1x1" tubing, I'm using a couple different designs that I've found here, and putting them all together for mine, that will also be neon green. Finally, the front and rear bumpers. I have them designed, just got to make them now. Again, neon green. I think the neon will look great with my red jeep. And everyone here has their stuff painted black, so screw that, I'm not going to do that!

Here are the boxes from the TJ bracket and the rubicon stuff.
DSC00930.jpg
DSC00931.jpg

Big Red........what ever happened to him anyway?:dunno:

Make sure you face the hood scoop towards the windshield to let the hot air out. Not the other way around as the last thing you want it to pressurize the under hood area and have less airflow going through the radiator!

Back