• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

1997 aw4 to nv3550 wireing? AW4 wireing gurus LOOK!

97cntryxj

NAXJA Forum User
I know that nobody here likes a stick shift, but i do, and i have low nuff gears to make it work great offroad. SO DONT BASH ME PS... I SEARCHED TOO, lol

so i performed this swap with only one issue, i dont have an engine harness out of the 5 speed cherokee. I wired the starter ground and the reverse lights in from the nss harness. But here is my problem, the ecm does not power up when u turn on the key, so basicaly it will crank but not start. now there is a blue wire in the nss harness. when i apply 12 volts to the blue wire the ecm powers up. But this method of making it work is not the rite way, beacuse it is still not working off of the key, and it throws two automatic trans codes even though i have a 5 speed cherokee ecm. So i think the mystery blue wire may just be backfeeding some how to make it work, if anyone knows anything about how i should wire this please give me some input.

i like the manual trans in my 89.

does the 97 have a seperate tcu for the auto trans? i dont see how a manual ecm/pcm can throw a trans code for a auto trans.

do you have a wiring schematic for the 97? doesnt fix the problem, but a diode could stop the back feeding.

i know on my 89, the tps wiring is different for an auto then a manual, could the tps be the problem? dont know, just trying to figure out the differences

Back