• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Limit Strap (what do you think about this mounting?)

fdsa487

NAXJA Forum User
What if I wanted to keep my sway bar in place? What other options are there. Pleasee post a picture if you have one of your mounting location. Not a center strap, please.

LimitStrapStyle-1.jpg

fdsa487 said:
What if I wanted to keep my sway bar in place? What other options are there. Pleasee post a picture if you have one of your mounting location. Not a center strap, please.

LimitStrapStyle-1.jpg
That is how I'm doing mine, but with a tab to the housing so the sb is still usable. Another way is behind the coil spring along your shocks, sorry, no pics, just throwing out some ideas, I will be tackling that portion of my project soon also.

When I did mine I used old seatbelts. I put them in the BPE on the top and the lower shock mount on the bottom. Dont have any pics, but it worked well.
Tried 1/8'' steel first, and snapped it the first time I flexed, so I went with 1/4'' and it worked a lot better.

Gasman said:
I run mine from the inner "frame" rail above the axle to the UCA bolts. On my 87', there were some unused welded nuts in the unibody (maybe for 4 cyl engine mount?) that just needed to be taped. Works great.

Good call! I'll consider that option.

Gasman said:
I run mine from the inner "frame" rail above the axle to the UCA bolts. On my 87', there were some unused welded nuts in the unibody (maybe for 4 cyl engine mount?) that just needed to be taped. Works great.

I did the same thing execpt I put tabs next to the UCAs which mount to the truss I built. Works very well and I have yet to have a problem in the 2 years I have run it that way.

AARON

Here's the only pic I can find. Look closely for the red straps. I changed them out for longer ones, 20" I think. I have about 7" of lift. I'd take a current shot but I have no front end at the moment.

elvis6.jpg

Last edited:
Back