• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

what to do? what to do?

POLAR_JEEP_04

NAXJA Forum User
ok i have a skyjacker 3 inch lift (coils, aal, shocks, LCA, ajust. track bar, tcase drop, drop pit arm) i ordered 2" coil spacers and shakels that can be adjusted form 1.5" to 2"...
1) should i put the shackles on 1.5" or 2"
2)what else will i need to run this? brake lines? UCA? new shocks? (my shocks are pro comp hydro for a 3" lift) just let me know i plan on doing this soon thanks

I did basically the SAME thing a year ago, and learned my lesson. Let me enlighten you to the problems you'll run into, so you don't do what I did :) If you want to run the 3" kit still, and an additional 2" spacer kit front and back, you need to get Rubicon express control arm drop brackets! The 3" kit isn't designed to have those spacers added to everything. Otherwise, your upper and lower control arm angle is going to be too extreme, and you'll most likely get a terrible shimmying of the front tires, back and forth(left and right) on the highway(anything over 35 mph, and they'd shimmy and shake terribly until I pulled over and slowed down to 10mph!) It was awful. I asked a few shops around, and ended up finding one that knew what to do. The drop brackets realigned everything, and now I'm very happy with my setup, but paid that shop quite a bit to fix it for me. SO, I would recommend them highly, because of the before and after experience I've had. If you want pictures of mine, I can email them to you. I don't know how to do pics on here. My email is [email protected]. The brackets, I think you can view on their website, but they're about $250. Definitely fixed my problem though. Hope this helps. PM me if you want, I'd be happy to discuss my experience more if you have questions.

Adam

oh, and you will most likely need the brake lines. In any case, you'll want them for peace of mind(it isn't fun seeing them practically tight without even flexing) and the shocks, they might work. I got bilsteins when I added my 4" plus 2" spacers, but they are almost too long, and come close to bottoming out. The ones from the kit will probably suffice, at least until you take it out a time or two, and possibly find out that you're fully extending your shocks. Oh, and if you plan to do the lift kit yourself, find someone who has coil compressors, or something similar. That's the most scary part of the whole deal.

is that drop for the upper or lower CA? and what do you think i should do about my shackles should i go with the 1.5 or the 2? yeah pics would be great my email is [email protected]

polar_jeep_04 said:
is that drop for the upper or lower CA? and what do you think i should do about my shackles should i go with the 1.5 or the 2? yeah pics would be great my email is [email protected]

Check RE's website. www.rubiconexpress.com

They are drop brackets for both upper and lower control arms. http://www.rubiconexpress.com/dynamic/mainpage.asp?folderid=820 second one down.

I reccomend the DB supports as well. http://www.rubiconexpress.com/dynamic/mainpage.asp?folderid=820 The top one.

oh yeah, forgot about the drop bracket supports, I have those too. I'll send ya pictures when i get home tonight from school.

Back