• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

road to big bear...

ruggedjeep

NAXJA Forum User
Anyone been up there recentlyand how ? Ive been told the "front way" is closed. I dont know what you consider the front way since everyone goes up there from a different location. I usually take the 210 till it ends becomes foothill i believe then from there its the 30 -> 330-> 18 ...

Ive been told i need to take the 210 to the 10 east exit university make a L and a R on Lugonia which becomes the 38 .... :confused:

[/QUOTE]Ive been told i need to take the 210 to the 10 east exit university make a L and a R on Lugonia which becomes the 38 .... :confused:[/QUOTE]

This is the way I go. But then again I live off Mentone blvd (lugonia). Remember to wave when you drive by.

Tim D.

thats the way i go also but i live in yucaipa. //Kevin

The 18 is the "main way from either the high desert or LA/OC. Now, it's the roads you take to get to the 18 that need to be looked at as well. the 38, thru Redlands, the 330 through Highland (probably the most common route) up the hill, through Running Springs, to the 18 into Big Bear.

Here is waht I found from CalTrans:

The 330 is CLOSED due to construction:

SR 330 [SAN BERNARDINO & RIVERSIDE CO.'S] IS CLOSED FROM HIGHLAND AVE /IN SAN BERNARDINO/ TO THE JCT OF SR 18 /IN RUNNING SPRINGS/ (SAN BERNARDINO CO) 24 HOURS A DAY 7 DAYS A WEEK THRU 10/24/06 - DUE TO CONSTRUCTION - A DETOUR IS AVAILABLE

Hwy 18 - SAN BERNARDINO & RIVERSIDE CO.'S:
1-WAY CONTROLLED TRAFFIC AT VARIOUS LOCATIONS FROM 5.2 MI EAST TO 7.4 MI EAST OF THE JCT OF SR 189 (SAN BERNARDINO CO) FROM 0830 HRS TO 1430 HRS 7 DAYS A WEEK THRU 10/13/06 - DUE TO CONSTRUCTION - MOTORISTS ARE SUBJECT TO 15 MINUTE DELAYS

http://www.dot.ca.gov/

This means that the only roads into Big Bear are the 18 and 38. Of course there are a few folks that now of some forest roads and trails that can get you up the mountain as well.

Back