• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Front shock mount

justin_502

NAXJA Forum User
Anyone have any pics on lowered front shock mounts? Im running 6.5 inch lift and 12" 5150s and want a lil more uptravel. Trying to get an idea of how to change the lower mount to drop it down a bit.
Thanks

I don't have any pics, I did mine before the age of digital cameras. :D

I welded a couple of tabs to the side of the stock shock mount. I needed to move mine out as well as down, since the shock shaft was touching the frame when fully flexed out. There's room, get a couple pre-made shock tabs and do a trial fitment. It shouldn't be too hard to do.

Anyone have any pics on lowered front shock mounts? Im running 6.5 inch lift and 12" 5150s and want a lil more uptravel. Trying to get an idea of how to change the lower mount to drop it down a bit.
Thanks

I lowered mine using a JKS shock mount that is normally used on the rear axle. It allowed me to run 14" travle Bilstien 5150s. I'm running a full width axle so there was plenty of room. On a stock axle I imagine you would have to cut off some of the stock mount and then weld the JKS mount down low.

new-shock-mnt.jpg

I dont' have a picture of it on the front axle, here it is on the rear.
new-shock-mnt2.jpg

Cool thanks a lot guys, know I at least know its possible! I might swap out the jks upper mount conversion for the bilstein one with the post style, for that extra inch up top as well.

That JKS rear shock mount might be a good idea. Anyone actually put these on a D30 front end? If I cut the stock shock mount think would have enough room to get in there with out interfearing with the control arm bolt?

Also the JKS conversion takes away 1.1 inch of up travel, how much does the bilstein http://www.shockwarehouse.com/site/product.cfm?id=30577 take away compared to the JKS? I got mabey 4 inches of uptravel right now.

Back