• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

TSB 18-48-98

killer98xjsport

NAXJA Forum User
Does anyone have the info on the spark plug wire routing described in this tsb. It is the first step in tracking down miss fires and pinging as described in other tsb's to prevent crossfireing of the ignition. I have a heavy ping when driving after warmed up and you can watch the rpms jump up while it happens.

Note: applies to vehicles with 3.9L, 5.2L and 5.9L engines (gas)

First line of the TSB

Note: applies to vehicles with 3.9L, 5.2L and 5.9L engines (gas)

First line of the TSB

And about four lines below that it refers to the 1995-1999 XJ Cherokee.

OP didn't state what engine he has, so he actually might know what he is looking for.:confused1

Please tell me which XJ has a 3.9 or 5.2 or 5.9 from the factory! I saw where it said that but i figured it was just a typo or something.

Please tell me which XJ has a 3.9 or 5.2 or 5.9 from the factory! I saw where it said that but i figured it was just a typo or something.

I wouldn't know. I have looked under quite a few xj hoods and have never seen any of those motors, but I haven't yet managed to look under ALL of them.

Maybe the OP doesn't know what engine is in his xj, but he would certainly be in a better position to determine that than either one of us, wouldn't you agree?

Back