• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

quick question, TSL vs TSL RADIAL

vincepru

NAXJA Forum User
ok so im buying a set used from this guy, but at first he didnt know if they were radials or not. so before i dish out some money i want to make sure that they actually are radials, and im not just being fed some bs so that i buy them.

are there any significant differences between the two tires that can easily determine whether its a radial or bias ply?

i'm not very familiar with these tires so i don't know if there is any obvious differences in the appearance, but if you look at the sidewall it will say whether its bias or radial construction.

There are several quick visual aids to tell this: Bias TSLs have much bigger lugs and deeper tread. You can tell at a glance usually if the TSLs are bias or radial. But the most definitive way to tell is reading the sidewall. A radial tire will always say "radial" somewhere on the sidewall. I don't believe all bias-ply tires say "bias" somewhere on the sidewall, but they may. If it doesn't say either, it's 99.9% a bias-ply tire.

I believe the radials also have radial written on them too.

I have the TSL Radials and they do say radial on the sidewall. Great tires!

x2 SSR's they say radial in big huge letters

little hard to see in this pic

060.jpg

Back