• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Shackle clearance mod

jeeperjohn

NAXJA Forum User
So my shackles were hitting the rear support when the suspension compressed and I cut out a part of the rear support to allow full movement of the shackles. I had to cut out one corner of the bumper mounts but that's O.K. because I plan to make a new bumper and mounts in the future.

DSCF1167.jpg

DSCF1168.jpg

DSCF1169.jpg

DSCF1170.jpg

No, I have boomarang's and they are still too straight up. HD offroad has a shackle relocation kit I bought. I will post pic's when I install them.

My boomarangs hit too (RE HD 5.5" leafs).

I just put in taller bumpstops and bought longer shocks. :)

I consider that cross support a big part of the unibody at the rear and I don't think that was a good idea cutting it, boomarang shackles wouldn't work?......SANTA
I'm too poor for that, I will keep an eye on the area and see if it starts to fatigue. I will be building a rear bumper in the near future so I can easily reinforce it if necessary.

I had the same issue with RE 5.5 springs and boomerangs. Installed HD Off Road Engineering’s relocation kit, now there is no way for the shackles to hit.

My boomarangs hit too (RE HD 5.5" leafs).

I just put in taller bumpstops and bought longer shocks. :)

What shackles did/are you running? The RE boomerangs or other ?

Back