• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Reiter Cleanup May 3

Ba-Riedo

has frame envy
This Sunday is the Reiter Cleanup it starts at 9am. I am not if lunch will be provided but in the past their has been a BBQ by RTW.

See you guys there. :thumbup:

-Alex

Last edited:
I really hope that alot of you guys can make it out for this, I know it is short notice but Reiter Trails needs all the help it can get to stay open. The more people that show support at events like this, the longer the trails can stay open.

Reiter has some of the best trails in the state, with the most diversity of any ORV area. You can have fun with any type of vehicle there from quads and stock 4x4's all the way up to comp buggys.

-Alex

Yep. Reiter is in great danger of being shut down, and the more people we can get to help with not only this event, but ones in the future, the better. And between clean-ups, we need everyone who wheels there to do their part and be responsible of what they do on the trail. As in, pack out what you pack in, pick up broken pieces that may come off of your vehicle, and stick to the main trail. Many bypasses are illegal, and therefore stand in the favor of those trying to close down one of the largest, most diverse and fun places we love to wheel. Do your part.

-Lyle

I've heard a lot about reiter being in danger of being shut down on forums, but havent seen anyone publications by a froest service, a county, any other interest groups, or anything like that.

Does anyone by chance have any of that info?

Just to get an idea of what *we* wheelers are up against. :thumbup:

I've been wheeling Reiter for about twelve years. When I first started going there, it was a complete free for all. No designated trails, no enforcement, tons of garbage beyond general trail trash including dumped stolen rigs and meth lab campers and trailers. Reiter Trail Watch was formed about six or seven years ago, with support of the DNR, Everett Powersports dealership and concerned users. Since their formation they have established trail patrol groups, trail maps and signage, and clean up and general trail etiquette have both improved. IIRC, the first Reiter trails cleanup was about ten years ago, I've attended six or seven of them over the years. They also do a Fall cleanup in addition to the big Spring one. In the past Everett Poersports has sponsored the BBQ after cleanup and different 4x4 clubs have done the cooking duty. I attended a few of the early RTW meetings, there was some squabbling between user groups back then (dirt bikes vs. 4x4s) but it has gotten better since then.

Paperwork was initiated to establish Reiter as an official ORV area a couple of years ago, I'm not sure where that status is as of now. This was something user groups fought for for decades, so it was a huge milestone. Reiter offers some of the very best wheeling in the state, and the usergroups have been very busy maintaining and promoting responsible use up there. You are very likely to find one or more DNR enforcement agents up there on a given day, weekends in particular. This is a good thing, be courteous and work with them, they're on our side.

Reiter Trail Watch has a website with more info including maps, check it out:

http://reitertrailwatch.org/forum/index.php

I don't know about you guys but i almost always pick up trash when i wheel i have large garbage bags and when i see trash i try and pick it up...Just trying to do my part.

-PJ-

It is official Reiter Trails is now a official Orv park and dnr is in charge just like walker valley .There are new sings posted so stop and read them they will give you rules .Such as all vehicles must be street legal or have a Orv license.And if on reiter road must be totally street legal .Kim told us that they will be out in-force to check on these thing .So be safe and legal and there will be no problems
Duane

They need to add some numbers to the trail signs to match the numbers on the map. It can get confusing with the plethora of trails off of access road that parallels the powerline trail, lots of signs indicating which vehicles are allowed access at the trailheads, no numbers on them.

In. Camping out Friday night it the third pit. Found some new to me trails
:scared:. Last time out I lost my rear driver side window, both disco's, and another hatch #(5) cant wait to get back there. Anyone want to camp.

:doh:Going to try to make it up there but will have to stick to the 2WD trails. 9:30ish??

They had a great turnout for the cleanup.
When I left at about 1:30 the dumpster was about 2/3 full after being compacted by the backhoe.
We couldn't have asked for better weather.

I had a great time 2 Wheelin and carted out 2 large contractor bags full of beer cans and bottles. Feels good giving somthing back to the hobby. Had to take off at noon so i missed seeing anyone from here. Guess thats what NW fest is for.

th_CoreCleanUp004.jpg
th_CoreCleanUp011.jpg
th_CoreCleanUp013.jpg
had some fun at the clean up and then went out and had fun on some trail .
th_CoreCleanUp006.jpg
th_CoreCleanUp003.jpg
th_CoreCleanUp037.jpg
th_CoreCleanUp022.jpg
th_CoreCleanUp024.jpg
yes i will do a up grade soon. And hey good to see you on the trail Alex Lyle and his Dad .
Duane

Didn't take too many photos, but I enjoyed the view of Index from the cliffs...

P5030013.JPG

P5030014.JPG

P5030016.JPG

Looked like a pretty good turn-out on Sunday. It's amazing how much crap accumulates over the course of only 6 months.

- Jay

Nice to wheel with you again, Jay. I'll try to get my pictures up tomorrow.

Duane I think my 1 ton is going up for sale in a month or so... :) Maybe you can paint it bright green to match your bumpers.

-Alex

Um mm no but thanks anyways Alex I need to upgrade sooner then that
here are a couple more pics
CoreCleanUp032.jpg

CoreCleanUp034.jpg

CoreCleanUp035.jpg

Sorry not the best pics but taken from inside the jeep threw a dirty window
Duane

Back