• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tranny pan torque spec.

They only go into aluminum. I'm pretty sure the aw4 is 21 ft/lbs. All I use is a speed handle, and tighten then about as much as I can with that. Although I know I won't overtighten or strip them because there is very little leverage.

Anything going into aluminum is almost always around 20.

does it say in your chiltons or haynes manual?

if not then check out 5-90s website. there is a WEALTH of information in there. his site has saved my butt quite a few times
http://www.geocities.com/JeepI6Power/torque.html

EDIT: jon beat me to it

Thanks, I don't have a manual yet. I just bought it a week ago, had to get the tranny welded it had a big crack in the bellhousing area. My buddy said it was a bad casting lots of tiny voids.

Thanks, I don't have a manual yet. I just bought it a week ago, had to get the tranny welded it had a big crack in the bellhousing area. My buddy said it was a bad casting lots of tiny voids.

Porous casting? Nice.

Problem there is that the A904 you have is a "special" - it's a MOPAR transmission with a Chevvy bellhousing pattern.

You'll likely find that the 2.8L V6 is better used as a boat anchor. If you poke around, you'll find my notes and suggestions for improvement swaps - see if you can pillage around and dig them up, and figure out which options to save your nickels for...

Back