• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

And the winner is.....

BigDog

NAXJA Forum User
Ok think I have decided on the tires I want. Think I'm going to go with 33" toyo m/t. I know I'm going to have to do some trimming and maybe even a little more lift, but want to know what people think of the toyo's?

i have alwas like the tsl sx but i just bought a rig that had the ssr on it didnt like them so i switched to the new ltb and im varry happy with them.

Are you driving your rig on the road? or will you be trailering it.

Yeah at this moment it is a DD but I'm not looking for tires for the road looking for tires for the trails.

well try the truxxs m/t they worked great for me when i dd my rig. they worked varry well in the snow and mud and ok in the rocks. if i drove my rig to the trails. i would run the truxxs m/t

I'll have to check in to them to then, and here I thought I was done looking around.

I ran Toyo's on my old rig for quite a while.

The good:
-Decent all around traction for NW wheeling. Good in snow too.
-Very strong, never cut a sidewall. Had some deep gouges in the tread, but never leaked.
-Great road manners.

The bad:
-Very heavy power robbers.
-Not so good with less than 50% traction.
-Expensive.

I would look at BFgoodrich KM/2's, The new style Goodyear MT/R's, or Truxxs M/T.

I ran Toyo's on my old rig for quite a while.

The good:
-Decent all around traction for NW wheeling. Good in snow too.
-Very strong, never cut a sidewall. Had some deep gouges in the tread, but never leaked.
-Great road manners.

The bad:
-Very heavy power robbers.
-Not so good with less than 50% traction.
-Expensive.

I would look at BFgoodrich KM/2's, The new style Goodyear MT/R's, or Truxxs M/T.

X2

truxxs m/t FTW

Ok but how much are they? That's the other thing I have to look at here.

Toyos's are for fullsize trucks that drive on the highway, not for Jeeps. . KM2, Truxus, MTR...
Cj, i agree here, check out Onlinetires.com price for the KM2's and discount tire will price match.

Or for a good budget tire, i absolutly love how the Truxus M/T handles ON and Off road. my buddy has them on his rig in 33/12.50 and they have done well in every situation. they have atleast 60% tread left, and easily 20k miles on them...

LTB'S 33/13.50/15 work amazing in rock, mud, but dig in the snow like a back-hoe, and suck on the road. I run AT's on the road so I don't care, and like to wheel when its dry anyway, x2 on the toyo's, NO!

X2 on the 33/13.50/15 LTB's! Although I have found that aired down to 6-7 pounds mine did great in the snow! WAY noisy on the street but awesome all around tire in my opinion!

I go with Firestone Destanation MT,s..Realy good tire!!!!I have had mine for about 2 years on my rig..33/12.5/15.Good road manners. I don't think I've run a better all around tire for it being a MT.

JACK

I'd Go with swamper Boggers.

Good:

Very aggressive tread
Tread can be altered to get better traction (I.E. hot knife the small)
Lots of surface area and lug to mud contact
Trie compound is very hard so it will wear very slowly

Bad:

Pretty much cant balance them
Loud as crap
very rough ride

Basically if you the best OFFROAD tire this would be it...

I love them because i wheel in the sand, mud, and the clay.

-PJ-

Back