• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Mt. Bikers!

Jump This

Just another minion!
I'm looking for a few skilled, single track riders.

Imagine a 5.5 mile downhill single track. Lots of rocks,
body damage almost a given (I will be wearing shin guards and elbow pads.)

One of the most incredible rides you will ever take.

It will be a one time deal. After a few of you post up, I'll start making arrangements and setting a date.

IT WILL BE WORTH IT!

I'm looking for a few skilled, single track riders.

Imagine a 5.5 mile downhill single track. Lots of rocks,
body damage almost a given (I will be wearing shin guards and elbow pads.)

One of the most incredible rides you will ever take.

It will be a one time deal. After a few of you post up, I'll start making arrangements and setting a date.

IT WILL BE WORTH IT!

Glad to here your not wearing a helmet Rick......SANTA

i ride most of the single track in big bear at snow summit i ride upper / lower falline, no spandex, pirates, and ive done cables a couple times (was a little over my head) think im good enough?

Ok, interested. I'll drag Kevin along too, last time he followed me on a bike, he crashed on a double jump, always entertaining, besides it's been a few years since I broke a collarbone getting off a bike. :)

So Rick where is this trail? Drops? How big? I ride alot but I've made enough payments on the Benz my ortho doc is rollin around in so I'm not up for serious carnage.

So Rick where is this trail? Drops? How big? I ride alot but I've made enough payments on the Benz my ortho doc is rollin around in so I'm not up for serious carnage.

X2... How serious of a trail is it? I may be down if I can ever get my damn brakes bleed on the mountain cycle.. seems that may be sooner than the jeep being wheelable..

The trail is a hard packed single track. Not entirely difficult, but there are places where you just may decide to walk it down. Its slightly overgrown with some brush that will scratch you up.
I plan on doing a test run within the next couple of weeks, then invite you all out for a run sometime around mid to late May.

I'd recommend the biggest rubber you can fit along with a few tubes. The entire run (if we do it non stop) will take less than an hour, but it just may be the most spectacular hour of riding you have ever done.
And you can believe me, I have logged thousands of hours on the trails out in San Diego County.

when/where is this happening?
i got a yeti dh-9 i used to race just itchin to be riden down a decent trail.
-Shomsky

Kinda sounds like Noble Canyon.

Noble Canyon is cool, but that is not where we are going.

Bonnie will handle shuttle duties.

The trail will start in Ranchita.

I don't care what brand bike you run (mine was made in China for Christ's sake!) ;)

There will be a limited amount of riders allowed, and it will probably take place on a Thursday. I know that a weekday is kinda' tough on almost all of
us, but on the weekends there are too many damn hikers, Jeepers, and site seer's around.

Oh, and the total miles will be closer to 12 with a couple of nice climbs thrown in for good measure (although not tooo bad.)

A Thursday would probably be tough for most people. It must be nice being semi-retired, Rick. :D

Back