• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Some Alarm install info

Steve F

NAXJA Forum User
I've just put an alarm in my XJ and wanted to interface it with the door wiring and couldn't find anything that really spelt it out so I thought I'd post this up as it may be useful to someone when they search.

Ok for future reference on a 2000 XJ when installing an alarm with built in relays for the door locks use the wiring diagram that says Positive/Negative but make sure the Normally Open (NO) wires for both lock and unlock are going to Earth unlock as the wiring diagram with the alarm may have the Normally Closed (NC) going to earth.

In the drivers kick panel find the two wires that are Pink/Purple (Unlock) and Orange/Purple (Lock) and then cut these two. Next connect the wires that go into the doors to their respective Normally Closed (NC) terminals on the alarm, so lock to lock (NC) and unlock to unlock (NC). Then connect the Common (COM) terminals to their respective wires for lock and unlock on the kick panel side. You should now have no spare wires on the alarm or in the XJ for the door locks.

If you got it right the door switches should still work, the factory remote should still work and the unlock and lock buttons on the remote should still work.

Hope that helps someone in the future as it took me about 4 hours with a multi meter etc to get this right.

Cheers
Steve

Back