• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rock Rails - What Type?

2001XJ-32

NAXJA Forum User
I am in the market for Rock Rails, I would like extended ones, though not much cash. I would make them myself if I had the tools and space but I dont.

AJ's? A local fabricator? Suggestions?

:cheers:

I can fabricate something simple or extensive for you . PM me if you're interested. Also, there are several others on here who do this stuff like Hellbilly, maybe SWbooking, I'm sure there are more. Depends on where you are.

Thanks for the tip, would be great to spend my money locally with a NAXJA fellow... Hellbilly "isn't taking PM's" anyone know how to get ahold of him for pricing?

And it is just me or is there no way to actually get ahold of AJ's?

Last edited:
Thanks for the tip, would be great to spend my money locally with a NAXJA fellow... Hellbilly "isn't taking PM's" anyone know how to get ahold of him for pricing?

From his site on the order page:

To place an order simply send me an email ([email protected]) or call me at 563-924-2286, Mon-Fri from 8am-6pm, but feel free to call on weekends or later if needed. Please leave a message if I don't answer and I will return your call as soon as possible. We're a small shop so I appreciate your patience!

jeeperjohn did mine. They look great and have worked perfect so far...

They almost look like factory installed. I have had a couple people not even realize I had any... until they looked closer.

Picture2008-01-042.jpg

Nothing against AJ, jeeperjohn or JCR.
You would be happy with any of those.
I'm just partial to Billy Bars...and I had him extend mine out farther than normal back when I was afraid of denting my doors :)
He also fab'd me up a little front bumper light bar.
Awesome work from a great guy and he's in Orange County

DSC01875.jpg

perfect example why he made them stick out farther. it saved my doors and i pivot on them in tight turns. get some billy rails. i can hi lift off them too. this shot was taken two days after i got them installed. luckily i won these at last years socal fest ;)

Thanks all for the input and the pictures. 98REXJ, classic example of what I hope to avoid!

The JCR and AJ design look similar with though the JCR has a wide rectangular main rail than the square AJ's uses... I likt the double support these offer, looks much stronger than tubes welded to the frame on one axis.

Thanks again all, if anyone knows that Hellbillys design/price beats JCR's, please hit me up or ask him to let me nkow before I order these!

AJs are very strong and i love them and he will make them exactly how you want them and he is a NAXJA sponser i think

Hellbilly or JCR have my vote

Jeeper John or Billy do wonderful work. I run AJ's bars, and have been 100% happy with them. Rough, tough units. However, if I'd had the option back when I got mine, I woulda supported a member, and probably saved money in the process hehe.

Back