• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Gone Campin..

OverlandZJ

NAXJA Member # 101
Last few months have been terrible, i need some time in the woods.

This will be the first trip i get to spend more than a single night in the RTT since i bought it. Heading to the Pa Grand Canyon early am for 4 days.

Try out my new awning setup and some other gear, few cold beers, warm fire... should be a good time.

Last few times in this campsite there have been bear sightings, hope we get lucky as well.

Spring is here... :cheers:

Last few months have been terrible, i need some time in the woods.

This will be the first trip i get to spend more than a single night in the RTT since i bought it. Heading to the Pa Grand Canyon early am for 4 days.

Try out my new awning setup and some other gear, few cold beers, warm fire... should be a good time.

Last few times in this campsite there have been bear sightings, hope we get lucky as well.

Spring is here... :cheers:

Yeah well...Im going to Southern Utah to enjoy the red rocks.:spin1:

LOL... Ryan. I smell a story there..

Had a good time in the Canyon. No bear sightings this trip, Turkey were everywhere though and kicked up some Grouse in camp.

I found i like some of my recent mods.. and dislike others. I DONT like the RTT on the Jeep and that will need remedied asap.

I'll post more pics and thoughts after dinner.

BearRun5-093.jpg

Time to work on that trailer you've been wanting for a while.

BearRun5-098.jpg

BearRun5-0915.jpg

You right, getting to work on my trailer is a high priority for this summer.

Most of my problems came from the wind that this site is known for as it sits at higher elevation. But my bud wanted to check his gear setup in wind so we figured this was the best option, he has a SE Wyoming trip in 6 weeks.

I found several problems with my RTT. The doors/awnings would constantly come off the front adjustable support poles while the rears would constantly fall off. I had wondered about this and had been talking to StumpXJ about making myself a set similar to what came with his RTT. But Thursday night being windy and cold ~30* i was fine sleeping with it zipped up tight.

My awning worked well but is a bit labor intensive to setup with 5 poles and guy wires. But for a $15 investment in material i'll work with it till the trailer is done. I'll need some beefier adjustable poles as well, i imagine the weight will increase with some rain on it.

Friday came and it warned up to mid 80's.... and brought the bugs with it. We sat in shade and attempted to fight them off and enjoy a few cold ones.

Saturday the bugs got even worse so we decided to head out and show my bud's GF the area as she had never been here.. or camped prior to this trip. Took a ride to Colton Point SP and the Pine Creek overlook. Then went checking a few other roads in the area and found another site for future use.

All in all it was a relaxing few days that i needed. Roaring fire at night with some good food, friends and alcohol. :cheers:

BearRun5-0914.jpg

BearRun5-0927.jpg

BearRun5-0929.jpg

BearRun5-0936.jpg

BearRun5-0931-1.jpg

Looks like fun. Do you go up there often? A buddy of mine has a cabin in Tioga county, off of route 414...haven't found much legal wheeling up there, but it's a really nice area.

PS...your Jeep looks awesome.

Looks like fun. Do you go up there often? A buddy of mine has a cabin in Tioga county, off of route 414...haven't found much legal wheeling up there, but it's a really nice area.

PS...your Jeep looks awesome.

We usually hit an area outside Slate Run or up off of RT-44. Always looking though..

Yeah, i dont know of any wheelin other than rated 4WD trails that arent anything but a few ruts and washouts.

You know the area much?

Not really too well. I know how to get around to the different towns like Wellsboro and Blackwell, but I don't really know my way around the dirt roads and stuff. I know of a couple hill climbs and mud pits off of clay mine road....but I probably couldn't tell you how to get there. I just follow my buddy around so I'm not really too sure of the road names.

Looks awsome but I can see where I would want it on a trailer.

Back