• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

This is unsettling

The world told the Pakistani Government, not once, not twice, but dozens of times NOT to make bargains with the Taliban because given a centimeter they would take a light year.

Did they listen?

NO.

So what's to worry about? Nukes? I would say that's India's imediate problem. If they thought that little skirmish with those folks in the boats was bad, wait until they have a 100KT warhead in their lap!

i wonder how long until obama negotiates with them...

Khan added that he would like to see sharia law implemented beyond Pakistan, even in America, a country he knows intimately. For four years, the Taliban spokesman lived in the United States, working as a painter near Boston

What the ****? This is getting way out of hand for him to think that.

hey, the almighty barack hussain obama is willing to negotiate that into the new agenda. i mean we dont want to offend anyone so we might as well do what they say

What the ****? This is getting way out of hand for him to think that.

England has already allowed sharia law to be used in civil cases there. Now the mullahs are pushing for it to also cover criminal cases with sharia punishment instead of english law.

England has already allowed sharia law to be used in civil cases there. Now the mullahs are pushing for it to also cover criminal cases with sharia punishment instead of english law.

To add to what Rich said.

That ruling was set up for Muslim's wanting to be tried to under Sharia law. So far it appears that both sides must agree to use Sharia law when trying the case. However it is the implication of what happened which is important. No longer is England governed by one "Law of the Land", but a separate law for a minority of it's imigrated citizens and is based on their religious values rather than the process of law.

I don't have anything against religion, I think everyone should believe in something. However, the process of law should not be given over in the pursuit of religious law, and certainly not for a minority of the people. If it is the will of the people to adopt laws based on their values, that is one thing. To blindly accept as law the edicts of a religion takes us back centuries in the development of our society to a point where Kings, as the head of their Church, decided what the law of the day was, and how it should be implemented.

Back to the OP.
When the Pakistani Government agreed to let these folks govern their own little part of Pakistan, they gave the green light to it's leaders by letting them know that Pakistan was willing to waiver on the rights of it's citizens, and on the "one Nation, one Law" principle. Now given that little corner of Pakistan, given the chance, they will take over the rest of it. This is a nuke possessing country. Would you like a nuke in the hands of an extremist religious society, especially one with a long standing religious based feud with it's nuke possessing neighbor?

Last edited:
Back