• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2 more

BigDog

NAXJA Forum User
I know I thought I was going to be happy where I'm at but I think I want two more inches. Think I'm at about 5"-5 1/2" right now but not sure to be exact. Thinking I want to go with 33" tires but I don'n want to do any fender trimming. Have to see how it goes. Let me know what you think.
flexing001.jpg

flexing002.jpg

finallift004.jpg

Yeah my old wheels and tires were the only thing I had to play on at the time.

Just don't want to cut yet
The spacer in the front is 2" and the coils are 3" So I hope it didn't add to 4"
I want to find a stock one and compare to see for sure so I know where I'm at and where I'm going.

If you go much higher than what it is now, you'll be looking at control arm angle problems as well as potential driveline issues. Trimming fenders doesn't mean it has to look like a hacked up mess. Even with a tall lift 33's will rub in places in the fenderwell without some sheet metal massaging.

SEAT TIME!

You've had your Jeep only a couple months right? I would hold back on lifting it anymore, and just wheel it. Get a feel for how it handles off road, and how to navigate through trails. You don't need 12" of lift and 35s to have a good time.

Also, if you want to check your lift height read this.

If you go 5" that's when your talking a lot of money. And you may say you don't want to trim, but unless you bumpstop a lot, as soon as you go off road and flex you'll end up tearing your tires apart just like I did.

~Scott

if your gonna flex man, disco the sway bar.. you have "Quick disco's" for a reason man! hahaha..

and after measuring yours and mine, i think me and jeremy measured yours around 5" of lift? im at 3" lift in the front and 5" in the rear. the spacers should equal out just nicely..

if your gonna flex man, disco the sway bar.. you have "Quick disco's" for a reason man! hahaha..

and after measuring yours and mine, i think me and jeremy measured yours around 5" of lift? im at 3" lift in the front and 5" in the rear. the spacers should equal out just nicely..
That was disco man.

Did you install an SYE? I can't tell from the Pics if there is a T-Case drop on the cross memeber.

Your getting to the point of more $$, if you go much higher.

You can trim the fenders and have it look very nice. Even keep using the stock flares. I am going to carve mine up sometime in the next couple of weeks.

I would stay where you are, like Torx said, wheel it and get comfortable with what you have.

Invest in some protection, Rock Sliders.. Skid Plates, .. bumpers if you want.

Yeah thinking the armor is next to come. Already have new lca, Quick disco's, adjustable track bar and yes on the tcase drop no on the SYE (yet) not sure about that one yet.
Not saying I got it to spend but don't mind spending what I don't have for something that I like lol.

I'll just agree with everyone else. Any higher and you'l have to be replacing lots of parts that get spendy fast. Tastefully trimmed fenders look good. Don't just hack them. BTW, your grill is upside down.

With a decent set of armor, a locker and 4.5" you can go most places around here. Worse I have ever done on 32" 11.5's was drag my diff quite a few times. Only reason I'm going up has to do with already spending the cash to regear and replace my original cheap lift parts with better stuff. Still getting up the nerve to cut into my fenders my self btw.

I got a 8.25 in the garage going to be regearing sometime here and at that time might do more to it but for now going to stay as it is hieght wise that is.

Back