• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

wow right before trading this thing in....

sjbond67

NAXJA Forum User
So I was getting ready to trade this damn thing today, go to car wash clean it up, pressure wash the undercarriage a little bit, move it to go vac it out, then drive off..... halfway home it starts to act weird, idle dropped then went back up. Fearing that I would run into the back of someone I rode the brakes all the way home. I noticed when I dropped it in neutral or park the rpms would jump up to 3k. But when I shut it off then turn it back on its fine until I drive it, it seems like the idle does not want to go down and when I am coming to a stop it does a little buck and jerk. What the hell did I do, I didn't pressure wash the engine bay or anything. I've checked for vaccum leaks and so on, I don't know if it is just a coincidence or if I actually hit something while pressure washing the undercarriage. I was suppose to trade this damn thing in like an hour and im ****ing PISSEDD

You most likely just got a sensor wet, and once it dries out it will be fine.

You washed it before trading it in, what, are you NUTS. Whatever got wet should dry out once it gets warm and runs for a while.

Back