• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Weird electrical problems this weekend.

Doubleajaybrock

NAXJA Forum User
Hello All

So I was all nice and wet/Snowy/Slushy here in the Denver area, and I was out picking up my new tires and started having some weird electrical problems after I went through a big puddle. All of my passengers couldnt roll down there windows, but I could.....played with the window lock button multiple times until they finally worked and my Instrument cluster would go back and forth from working to not working. It also said "No Bus" on the odometer screen. It did it for about 10 minutes of driving and then everything was fine and has been so since.

Any Ideas as what I could have gotten wet. Looked in the engine bay by the ECU and everything was dry.

Any and all suggestions will be appreciated!

Thanks

Aaron
user_online.gif
progress.gif

No bus can be a sign of a bad CKP (crank position sensor). Maybe the plug underneath got wet. You'd think it would at least start missing. With the windows, usually that is a situation inside the drivers door, possibly water????? You could put some dielectric grease in the rubber part of the CKP plug.

Back