• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

mounted cb

jeepnleo

NAXJA Forum User
3458680214_ae5ee12edd.jpg

Wow that would annoy the hell out of me. I have the same radio and it's mounted immediately to the right of the console there...on the knee panel. Allows me to keep the tray free for MP3 player for the stereo or a cigar I'm about to smoke. :D

i removed the black part of the center console and cut out enough to slide cb just a little futher. i mounted it there because i didnt want it near my knees nor my passengers knees. it is tucked really nicely. the shifter can still be easily put into park also.

also the little compartment that open up there was broken off before i got the xj so now it covers up that void.

That's cool. My last XJ had a Cobra 29LTD Classic mounted to the side of the console...and it didn't seem to bother passengers. Current rig came with a 25 LTD Classic mounted on the knee bolster...but I'm liking this radio a lot better since it's REALLY not in the way at all. :) I have a factory cupholder under it at the moment, and the holder closest to the radio is useless. Not really an issue for me, however.

I like that you used the broken spot to put the radio. The angle of the pic is deceiving to me though. :)

Back